In 2009, Jenny Wilson self-produced, recorded and released acclaimed album ‘Hardships!’. Then in 2010, Jenny Wilson began a collaboration with the Tensta Gospel Choir, which resulted in a series of concerts and recordings, reworking material from the ‘Hardships!’ album.
However, shortly after the studio recordings, Wilson was diagnosed with breast cancer. The entire summer tour with Tensta Gospel Choir was canceled and Wilson began a chemotherapy treatment in the autumn. Parallel to that she worked with Daniel Fagge Fagerström (The Je Ne Sais Quoi, Skull Defekts) on the music for Helena Franzén’s dance performance “I’m Not Looking Back” at Dansens Hus in Stockholm. This was based on Wilson’s tracks on “Hardships!”
On April 6th, Wilson releases a double album featuring both of the above versions of “Hardships!” entitled “Blazing”. To celebrate this new release, this phenomenal artist will be going on a small tour with the Tensta Gospel Choir.
Check her out via the tour schedule below.
29/4 Nöjesfabriken / Det Stora Kalaset, Karlstad [SE]
30/4 Filadelfiakyrkan, Stockholm [SE]
6/5 KB, Malmö [SE]
7/5 Trädgår´n, Göteborg [SE]
Previous posts on Jenny Wilson:
- Discover The Sound Of Sweden with Playground Music’s stunning new compilation!
- Winners announced for Jenny Wilson competion + a Blazing new competition announced!
- Jenny Wilson’s new album Blazing coming soon!
- Jenny Wilson to release a double album in April!
- Playground Music feature on Tracksandfields.com + Jenny Wilson, Teron Beal & Capetown remix contests