‘Smile With Your 1000 Teeth‘ is first and foremost my personal favorite track from Artic. It’s also probably the song I’ve done the most times live. Guitar and vocals were recorded at my producer Carl Edlom’s home, together in one take and Carl later added the organ solo.
I’m really proud to have the great Keith Kenniff contributing various sounds a vocals for the track as well. As a solo artist, Keith works under the aliases Helios and Goldmund and is one of my big favorites from the experimental and ambient music scene. We got in touch through the artist Hollis Brown Thornton who we both know and who also has made cover art for us both, like for my previous album The Lake Acts Like an Ocean.
My contribution to planning the video was suggesting black/white photo and coffee.
Previous posts on I’m Kingfisher:
- A Photo Book about Swedish Indie Pop featuring I’m Kingfisher
- I’m Kingfisher Touring UK in September!
- I’m Kingfisher’s Thomas Jonsson performing live at the Munich Film Festival!
- A Jerry Joint – Documentary with I’M KINGFISHER@STUK, Leuven, Belgium!
- Discover The Sound Of Sweden with Playground Music’s stunning new compilation!